West Delhi | Gurgaon | Manesar | Ghaziabad | Panipat | Karnal | Jaipur | Meerut | Roorkee | Uttarakhand
- HIP REPLACEMENT/HIP ARTHROPLASTY IS A SURGICAL PROCEDEDURE WHEREIN THE DAMAGED BONE AND CARTILAGE OF HIP JOINT IS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH PROSTHETIC IMPLANTS
- HIP REPLACEMENT IS PRIMARILY PERFORMED TO RELIEVE PAIN AND STTIFFNESS CAUSED BY ARTHRITIS.
- HIP REPLACEMENT IS ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL OPERATION IN ALL OF MEDICINE AND THE IMPROVEMENTS IN JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGICAL TECHNIQUE AND TECHNOLOGY HAVE GREATLY INCREASED THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
Hip Replacement Can be
WHERE THE SURGEON REPLACES ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE HIP JOINT(FEMORAL HEAD)
USUALLY PERFORMED FOR FRACTURES AROUND HIP
2. TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT
WHERE BOTH THE SIDES OF HIP JOINT(FEMORAL HEAD AND ACETABULUM) ARE REPLACED BY PROSTHETIC IMPLANTS
- OSTEOARTHRITIS (DEGENERATIVE JOINT DISEASE)
- RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
- POST TRAUMATIC HIP ARTHRITIS
- OSTEONECROSIS OF HEAD OF FEMUR( AVASCULAR NECROSIS/AVN)
- CHILDHOOD HIP DYSPLASIAS
- CONGENITAL HIP DISLOCATIONS
- INFLAMMATORY HIP ARTHRITIS
- HARDWARE FAILURE AFTER INTERNAL FIXATION OF HIP FRACTURES
- PAIN RELIEF
- FUNCTIONAL RESTORATION
- IMPROVED QUALITY OF LIFE
- REINSTANING INDEPENDENCE
- The hip is a ball and socket joint. This design allows the poly-axial movement seen at the hip.
- The ball is the femoral head.
- The acetabulum (part of the pelvis) is the socket.
The head of the femur and the inside of the acetabulum are covered with a layer of hyaline cartilage.
Once this cartilage is worn away or damaged (usually by arthritis), the underlying bone is exposed, resulting in pain, stiffness and possibly shortening.
FAILED INTERNAL FIXATION OF HIP FRACTURES
- Involves detailed physical examination by the clinician to access hip movements, pain ,shortening, muscle strength etc
- X rays of the affected part( AP,LATERAL AND SPECIAL VIEWS)
- May include special tests like CT SCAN and MRI SCAN of affected hips
- BEARING SURFACES are the surfaces which articulate in the prosthetic joint. Can be used in various combinations depending on patient
- Metal on polyethylene
- Ceramic on polyethylene
- Ceramic on ceramic
- Metal on metal (Decreased in use now due to high chances of pseudotumor development and metallosis)
Prosthetic Components (Acetabular and femoral components) can either be
- Cemented using bone cement
- Uncemented (biological) using porous coated implants
Recovery and Rehabilitation
1 - Recovery in Hospital
- Pain Management ( Includes Oral/ Intravenous medicines + epidural Injections)
- Physical Therapy ( Joint mobilization, ambulation and exercises for muscle strengthening)
- Blood Clot Prevention (Compression stockings, DVT pumps and blood thinner medicines.)
- Preventing Infection (Oral and Intravenous antibiotics and wound care.)
2 - Recovery at Home
- Wound Care ( dressing of wound as advised by your doctor)
- Physical Therapy ( You may require help of therapist for a few weeks)
- Medications for pain relief, blood clot formation and preventing infection.
Most of hip joint operations are problem free but some may have complications. Most of these complications are minor and can be successfully treated.
Few of the complications associated with THR include:
- Wound infection
- Blood clot formation in leg veins
- Pulmonary embolism
- Bone fracture
- Peripheral nerve damage
OUR TEAM OF SPECIALISTS AT NEEMTREE TAKE UTMOST CARE AND USE THE LATEST TECHNIQUE,TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENTS AS WELL AS FULLY EQUIPPED OPERATION THEATRES TO MINIMIZE THE DEVELOPMENT OF COMPLICATIONS.
WE ALSO ENSURE TIMELY DETECTION OF ANY COMPLICATION AND PROMPT MANAGEMENT.
Why choose Neemtree?
50+ Specialist Onbaord
35+ Years of Experience
24X7 Medical Assistance
Free Pick & Drop
PSUs & TPA & Insurances are Accepted
All Govt Panels Accepted
Post Surgical Rehabilitation
EMI Option Available
Post Discharge Home Care
Hassle Free TPA/Panel Desk
Medical Visa Assistance
- Neem Tree is Covid19 safe - The patient's safety is first here, and it is mainly taken care of by social distancing and sanitized clinics besides sterilized hospital rooms.
- Our team of doctors is fully vaccinated.
- Post-surgery care - We tend to offer fantastic follow-up sessions, including consultations and instructions like dietary tips and physiotherapy to all patients to ensure you have a seamless recovery.
- Home Care including change of dressing, stitch removal and physiotherapy sessions at home.
How do you know if you need a hip replacement?
Ans One must consider hip replacement if pain due to arthritis:
- persists despite medicines
- pain increases on walking/activity
- interferes with sleep
- interferes with activities of daily living
Can hip replacement be done as an outpatient?
Ans. Several patients need to stay in the hospital for at least 2-4 days after the hip replacement. The discharge is likely to depend on one’s condition and surgery.
Ans. Is hip replacement a major surgery?
Ans. Yes, the total hip replacement is likely to be a major surgery as it may involve some complications post surgery, and you can indeed prevent risks by heading to some trained specialists.
What is the cost of a hip replacement surgery?
Ans. Hip replacement surgery is no doubt a little expensive affair, but one cannot communicate a fixed cost. There are plenty of factors which are kept into consideration when deciding upon the costing for the hip replacement surgery.
After how many days of Total Hip Replacement can I walk?
Ans. You can start walking next day, depending upon your medical condition.